The Yale Law Journal welcomes submissions of Notes, Comments, and Forum Essays from students at Yale Law School. The Notes & Comments Committee reviews submissions only after each submissions deadline (or “drop date”), and only via our online submission system. Volume 131 is not currently accepting submissions. Volume 132 will be opening its submission portal in early 2022.
Yale Law School students submitting Notes and Comments should refer to the materials below.
GUIDELINES AND FORMS FOR STUDENT NOTE, COMMENT, AND FORUM SUBMISSIONS
- Notes Submission Guidelines for YLS students (Please note that the Committee will not review first-time submissions over 15,000 words.)
- Comments Submission Guidelines for YLS students (First-time submissions should be within the 3,000 to 7,000 word range. Please note that the Committee will not review first-time submissions over 7,000 words.)
- YLJ Forum Submission Guidelines
- Common Suggestions for Notes and Comments
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Notes and Comments
- Practical Scholarship Guide
- Guide to Writing a Note or Comment Based on Summer, Clinical, or RA Work